reasons to consider a detox
Are you thinking about trying to detox but are unsure exactly what the benefits may be?
Here are some reasons to consider a detox.
When done correctly — that is to say, in a healthy, safe and controlled environment under the guidance of a doctor —getting your body clean and healthy can result in a wide range of positive effects. Which is why Dr. Amy Waite developed a 28-day detox just for Naturopathic Specialists. So you can experience the positive effects of detoxification.
Still not convinced? Under the right circumstances, detoxing can help you...
- Remove toxins from the body. Long-term exposure to toxins (environmental pollutants, cancer-causing chemicals, preservatives, pesticides, heavy metals, and industrial waste) affects our metabolism, behavior, immune system, and leads to disease. They are stored throughout the fatty tissues of the body, often for years.
- Prevent chronic disease. Accumulation of environmental toxins have been shown to be connected with many cancers, neurological diseases, heart disease and immune disorders, to name just a few. Our bodies do have a built-in detox function to deal with these dangers, but those systems are constantly overloaded! Detoxing assists and improves what our bodies are trying to do naturally.
- Enhance immune system function. Toxins inhibit the body’s natural immune response. Regular detoxifying allows the body to function uncompromised. This helps strengthen immune system functioning and fights off infection.
- Lose weight. Toxins affect the body's natural ability to metabolize fat. This can lead to weight gain. Detoxing rids the body of toxins stored in fat cells and increases metabolism.
- Slow premature aging. Detoxing rids the body of free radicals and heavy metals partially responsible for aging. Detoxing helps to increase nutrient absorption, including antioxidants and vitamins that help fight oxidative stress.
- Improve quality of life. Our bodies do not function very well when they're loaded with toxins. We may have joint pain, headaches, digestive disorders, memory issues, sleep problems, and lack of energy. Many of these issues have been eased as a result of detoxification!
- Increase energy. When your body is toxic, it takes more energy for you to function. You will have more mental, physical, and emotional energy after detoxing. People tend to sleep better and need less of it.
- Improve skin quality. Diet and environmental toxins undeniably affect skin. Detoxing improves acne, and strengthens hair and nails, and gives us a natural, healthy glow.
- Mental and emotional clarity. When the body's systems are cleared of toxins, our mental and emotional states are often also cleared. We can deal with more when we are mentally and emotionally clear.
- Restore balance to our body's systems. Our digestive, nervous, and hormonal systems were designed to work synergistically to achieve peak health performance. This is what our bodies are built to do. When we overload them with toxins and unhealthy foods, these systems don't work as well as they should and we get sick. Detoxing brings balance back and helps our systems function properly again.
Maybe it is time for a detox?
We think so. Call us at 480.990.1111 or click here to set up a free 10-minute phone consultation with Dr. Amy Waite to see if a detox is right for you.