creamy Thai coconut squash soup
- 1 qrt of organic chicken stock
- 1 ½ c whole canned coconut milk
- 1 lrg organic onion chopped
- 2 organic carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 med organic potato chopped
- 1 med organic apple
- 2 c fresh cooked organic butternut squash
- 1 tbsp Thai curry paste or more if desired
- Sea salt to taste
Combine chopped onion, carrots, potato and apple in a pot with chicken stock. Bring to a boil and simmer until ingredients are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Add cooked squash and Thai curry paste to pot. When cool enough to handle, run contents through a blender until smooth. Return to pot and stir in coconut milk until well blended. Add salt to taste. Serve as an appetizer for your thanksgiving meal.
Variations: use whole organic cream in place of coconut milk and replace thai curry paste with 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle with nutmeg to garnish, for a more traditional flavor.