Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 4 cups raw cauliflower "rice", about one medium head
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup soft goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch of dried basil
- 1 pinch of crushed fennel seed
- pinch of salt
- preheat oven to 400F
- to make the cauliflower rice, pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor until a rice-like texture is achieved.
- fill a large pot with about an inch of water and bring it to a boil. Add the "rice" and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
- important step! once you've strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel. wrap up the steamed "rice" in the dishtowel and twist. squeeze all the excess moisture out, it should be very dry.
- in a large bowl, mix up your strained cauliflower rice, beaten egg, goat cheese and spices. make sure you fully incorporate the ingredients evenly.
- press the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (otherwise it will stick). Keep the dough about 1/3 inch thick and make the edges a little higher for a "crust-like" texture.
- bake for 35-40 minutes. the crust should be firm and golden brown when done.
- remove from oven and add your sauce, cheese and favorite toppings and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until your cheese is melted.
- slice and serve.