48 hour post party reset and mini-cleanse
No matter how good our intentions, let’s face it, we say to ourselves I am NOT going to overeat at this holiday party, and end up eating everything in sight.
Follow this mini-cleanse for two days after parties to help get you back on track.
1 Drink 5 glasses per day of following recipe:
- 3 cups of juiced organic melon mixed with
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 2 cups of water
- seal in a glass jar and keep refrigerated
2 Breakfast: oatmeal
- ½ cup of gluten-free rolled oats (soaked overnight in 1 cup of water and a pinch of sea salt) Cook per instructions in the morning mix in:
- 1tbsp of organic almond butter
3 Lunch: zesty low glycemic lentil soup
- 1 cup of organic lentil beans - soak overnight, rinse and drain before cooking
- 2 cups organic chicken broth (add additional water if needed)
- ½ cup onion
- 1 cup fresh organic tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped organic celery
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
4Dinner: cabbage salad with chicken
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1 cup diced organic chicken breast
- 1 oz. sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1 organic orange
- 1 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
5Snack: chocolate tea
There are many brands available such as Republic of Tea, Rishi, Mighty Leaf, Tea of Life and Tesco Finest. This will be your indulgence. Drink whenever the sweet craving strikes!
Following this plan will aid in balancing your blood sugar, may help release toxins, reduce bloating, reset your metabolism and help you maintain your weight throughout the season of parties, indulgence and fun! Don’t forget to see our post on how to de-stress through the holidays!