The NS-Life Diet
The NS-Life Diet puts the naturopathic approach into practice to help you succeed in your health goals.
Considering taking on the challenge of a weight loss program for a new years' resolution but tired of fads and gimmicks? Want more from your weight loss than the disappointments found in other diets? Then maybe the NS-Life diet is for you.
The NS-Life diet is a unique program founded on the 6 principles of naturopathic medicine with the idea of let food be your medicine. The NS-Life Diet introduces you to a better knowledge of what foods are good for you and how to make them work for your metabolism and boost weight loss. More than just a diet program, the NS-Life Diet can enable you to live more healthfully. It educates you about the value of organic food and pure water and how they help prevent chronic disease, control inflammation, and provide relief for your food sensitivities.
The 6 principles of naturopathic medicine are an intricate part of this approach; they are:
- vis medicatrix naturae: the healing power of nature – trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself; when you give the body the nutrients and the healthy clean foods that are appropriate to the person, along with proper hydration, the body can do its job.
- tolle causum: identify and treat the causes – look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause: why do we eat? socially? emotionally? is the food you are eating making you sick? Maybe you are gluten sensitive or allergic to dairy?
- primum non nocere: first do no harm – utilize the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies when possible. The LIFE diet is designed to be incorporated as a dynamic part of your lifestyle and as a primary tool to help prevent disease.
- docere: doctor as teacher – at Naturopathic Specialists, we hold this precept in high regard as we educate patients in the steps necessary to achieve and maintain health. We believe it is our job to guide you and be part of your journey towards health. Each step of the way in the LIFE diet you will be guided and educated about food, lifestyle and healthy choices.
- tolle totum: treat the whole person – view the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions. Since all of the bodily systems are inter-connected, poor digestion, for example, could actually affect hormones and sleep, and vice versa.
- praevenire: prevention – focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention. Prevention is the best cure: small changes made today can create realized benefits tomorrow; the best place to start is with what you put into your body every day.
Or if you are interested in learning how the NS-Diet can work for you? We can help you set up a free 10-minute free phone consultation with one of our doctors easily by just clicking here.