As we approach the end of the year, it’s easy to get over-stuffed, over-stimulated and over the holidays. Even if you don’t celebrate end of year holidays, it’s easy for all of the hustle and bustle to spill over into your daily routine and cause you to feel an increase in stress. As 2014 comes to a close and we get ready to begin again here are some tips that can help get you through.
- Pat yourself on the back! You deserve to acknowledge the things you love about yourself. Write down at least 3 of them when you need a little burst of confidence.
- Get a massage. It does so much more than just feel relaxing, it’s great self-care.
- Hug the people in your life that you love, even if they make you nuts sometimes, hugging can actually reduce stress for the giver and the receiver.
- Replenish with a nutrient IV. It can keep your immune system boosted and is great for your skin.
- Acupuncture may reduce stress and relieve pain.
- Recognize and appreciate the things you have, not what you’ve yet to attain. It’s great to have goals, but allow yourself to truly enjoy what you work hard for, you’ve earned it.
- Reserve just a little bit of time for yourself to be quiet. Even 5-10 minutes will do the trick. No excuses! Do it. You’ll be glad you did.